2012 VARSITY Football Schedule (1-0)

Striving to be 1-0 after we play Cedar Ridge on Friday

August 31-- Hendrickson (WIN 50-23)
September 7 @Cedar Ridge
September 14 @ Hays
September 21-- Del Valle
September 28-- Dripping Springs
October 5 @ Leander
October 12-- Marble Falls
October 19 @ Cedar Park
November 2-- Vandegrift
November 9 @ Vista Ridge

Currently 1-0 on the Season

Number of Visitors since August 2010

Total Pageviews since August 2009

NOTE from Brandi

NEW FEATURE!!!
check out the new email feature on the right hand side of the page. You can sign up with your email (I will never see it), and each time I update, you will get an email saying that i updated the blog:)


Sunday, August 16, 2009

Raider Jamboree= a long, hot day of FUN and action!!!!







Saturday started early for most of us Raiders. Josh was out the door at 6am and I know that Joe, Bertha, Lisa, Liza, Ken and Linda and I am sure a bunch of others were at the school by 6:30am getting things ready for the big pancake breakfast! Unfortunately my little guy was a bear, so we didn't make it until 8:30, and we missed eating with the players, but we did get to visit with Coach Thompson, and Zach Pelt. I also was able to briefly visit with Mr. and Mrs. Rouse- which is always an honor. Next it was off to the field for the scrimmage and jamboree. It was amazing! They did such a fantastic job at setting everything up and making it look nice and not cluttered! My boys were off and running the second we got there. They entered the punt, pass and kick competition and WON for their age group. I was excited that they won because I didn't get to watch it, but I was later informed that they were the only ones in their age bracket that competed! ha. Either way- they made it into the finals to be played after the scrimmage.










I didn't get to watch any of the scrimmage because I was selling shirts, but I gave my camera to Ellen Dees and she took some great pictures for me. Thanks Ellen!









I met some parents and got to visit with all the Coach's Wives- which is always fun. Have I said how great ALL of our wives are? Make a point to get to know them- they are all amazing women and if I do say so myself- we all have great kids too:)








I did talk to Josh last night after he got home, he was very happy with the scrimmage. As always- we have things to fix, but he is seeing a lot of progression, which made for nice conversations last night! After the scrimmage they held the punt, pass and kick final competition on the field and the boys obviously won their division! I wish I knew who the other kids were that competed in the competition. THEN, the BEST event EVER came! The DUNK TANK!!!! I didn't think any of the coaches would actually do it, but we had WONDERFUL participants!!! Coach Mann, DOC!!, Coach Cooper, Coach Elrod and Coach Walker were all willing to get wet and what good sports they were! I am sure part of the reason that they wanted to do it was because of the heat, but either way, I was happy that they agreed- AND they had fun which was awesome! THe players all had fun taking turns trying to dunk the coaches. Then their kids were happy to dunk their dads. I really wish I had of volunteered to be dunk because it was one hot day! I bet it felt so good!


















After it was all over the players went back to the locker rooms to shower and get ready to go out and sell cards to the neighborhoods. I think it was hard for some of them because Vista Ridge was also out selling cards to some of the same neighborhoods. Either way, the boys did what they were suppposed to do! Josh and Clint Taylor (the card rep) came back to our house and we counted the checks and money together. I will let Josh do the honor tomorrow of telling you all how well we did. I will give you a hint and say that Josh was extremely happy and we have LOTS of money to deliver to Keith Stewart!! Which should make for a VERY happy Booster Club meeting on Monday night! (7pm in the Study Hall!)

No comments: