2012 VARSITY Football Schedule (1-0)

Striving to be 1-0 after we play Cedar Ridge on Friday

August 31-- Hendrickson (WIN 50-23)
September 7 @Cedar Ridge
September 14 @ Hays
September 21-- Del Valle
September 28-- Dripping Springs
October 5 @ Leander
October 12-- Marble Falls
October 19 @ Cedar Park
November 2-- Vandegrift
November 9 @ Vista Ridge

Currently 1-0 on the Season

Number of Visitors since August 2010

Total Pageviews since August 2009

NOTE from Brandi

NEW FEATURE!!!
check out the new email feature on the right hand side of the page. You can sign up with your email (I will never see it), and each time I update, you will get an email saying that i updated the blog:)


Wednesday, August 12, 2009

2nd week of 2 a days!



Used to; I hated this 2nd week. I called it Hell Week because Josh was gone from BEFORE the sun rose to WAY after it went down and I had 2 kids in diapers that were driving me crazy! (there ARE some parts of football that I don't like, I do miss Josh from time to time:)

Well, it is no longer Hell Week- I enjoy it much more now than I ever have! Especially because the boys are bigger! I have had more fun going to the practices than I ever have before. For the first time, ever, I stood ON the field with Josh to watch practice. My secret to getting him to allow this is that I had my camera and he know how important taking pictures of this stuff it to me- so although I was taking pictures, it was just because it was my ticket to standing in the middle of things:)

I LOVE hearing (most) of the stuff these players say. It obviously gets more and more crude the older that they get! ha. I heard some things that i am not sure I wanted to hear. (not anything bad- just things that I didn't really want to think about:) But overall- its pretty cool, they are pumping each other up and giving one another boosts of confidence, and sometimes getting mad- but in a good way.
These are the things that build a team camaraderie. These are the things that help the players learn to trust each other and to build team unity. I just love it- there is NOTHING better than this.

I have to say one more time how impressed I am with the players and how they interact with my boys. It makes me smile and I just love taking them out there. The treat them with a lot of respect in the fact that they offer to let them tackle them, they never curse in front of them, they give them high fives, they don't trample them even when my boys get in their way, the know the boys names and it is just so awesome for me. My boys love it and ask about them all of the time. They are starting to remember some names- they know Tai and Lucky.
Lucky is especially good with them!
And the trainers! They always offer the boys water and hold their hands when they think that they are getting in the way.
It is just such a great thing to watch. I really appreciate all of your kids and how wonderful they all are.
At the end of practice- Ben Morris carried Judson over to the huddle and Judson sat down with the boys on a knee.

I appreciate Josh allowing this too. I don't ever take this for granted. We know coach's that work for other Head Coach's that don't even allow their wives to call, much less allow them to come to the practice! I have a lot of coach's wives that always email me after reading my blog and they tell me how lucky I am that we are allowed to do this because they aren't a part of their husbands program other than cheering for them at games! I can't imagine not being a part of it all and I just really appreciate Josh for allowing this for me and the boys and the other Coach's families Josh worked under Chris Ross (at Cedar Park HS & WFHS) for 7 years before landing the Rouse job. Josh has ONLY worked for Chris, and Chris was always so nice to include the wives and our kids in everything, so in addition to thanking Josh- I am also thanking Chris for showing Josh that it is important to have your family around.





No comments: