2012 VARSITY Football Schedule (1-0)

Striving to be 1-0 after we play Cedar Ridge on Friday

August 31-- Hendrickson (WIN 50-23)
September 7 @Cedar Ridge
September 14 @ Hays
September 21-- Del Valle
September 28-- Dripping Springs
October 5 @ Leander
October 12-- Marble Falls
October 19 @ Cedar Park
November 2-- Vandegrift
November 9 @ Vista Ridge

Currently 1-0 on the Season

Number of Visitors since August 2010

Total Pageviews since August 2009

NOTE from Brandi

NEW FEATURE!!!
check out the new email feature on the right hand side of the page. You can sign up with your email (I will never see it), and each time I update, you will get an email saying that i updated the blog:)


Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fan and Parent Night!







Friday, August 7th!
The 2nd Annual Fan and Parent Night was AWESOME!

I am hoping some of you will start sending me some pictures because most of mine are of my boys- sorry for that:)

For me- Friday started out with NOT having to WORK! I took the day off to get things ready for Saturday's Lady Raider Camp, so I was at the school ALL day long.

After Julie Cooper, Kristi Harrison and Taylor Elrod and I finished decorating for our event,we headed to the stadium to watch the scrimmage, which was so cool.

First of all, I have NEVER seen so many people in the stands for a scrimmage. I have to say- it was really neat. The seats were full, we had a ton of student body and all the 16 cheerleaders! (yea!! We have 16 cheerleaders!!!!), the dance team and a lot of the girls athletes we there! I was so excited by this.
People were having fun and laughing, cheering and being loud. The main thing is that they were having FUN!

Don't you just love our MC? Ken Zarsky does a FANtastic job at being the voice of the Raiders! He has given me my very first nickname: Mrs. Coach Mann! He is the only one that calls me that and I love it! It makes me laugh everytime he says it!

Did you notice all the kids sitting on the field in red jersey's with Cougars on their shirts? Those kids were from LCP Pop Warner- they were teammates of Zach Pelt and Coach Mann invited them to come sit on the sidelines of the scrimmage. If any of you have little kids that would like to do this too- talk to me- I bet I can sweet talk the coach into being a part of the team for a night! (scrimmages or practices are the best time to do this- during games, is not a good time)
Anyhow, these boys were SO wonderful. They played with my boys and gave ME a MUCH needed break, so I was very greatful to them for this!
My boys tackled them and did running drills with them and I thought that was so cool. I feel certain that these boys had a blast hanging out on the sideline and I hope that they get to do it again very soon!
I didn't even have to take the boys to the concession stand or the bathroom- these boys did it all for me. They even tied Judson's shoes.

I know I am getting a little sidetracked with the LCP kids, but I want to say that 1) they were VERY well disciplined. I was VERY impressed and it was genuine
2) they were so thankful to be out there and it was so good for them (both players and the young guys). I wish every young kid had the opportunity to do something like that- to see what they have to look forward to in the future- even if they don't understand it right now.
The Big guys are huge role models for these young boys and now these little ones have them to look up to. I just think that is so neat!


At 10:45- in the middle of a play- the lights shut completely off. I mean it was pictch black- no one could see and thankfully some people went to their cars and turned their lights on- otherwise it might have been really bad. I could barely find my boys. I also heard that someone in the stands fell down. I hope that didn't happen, and I am sorry if it did.

I ran over to the team huddle because I figured that the boys went there- and sure enough that is exactly where they were! The LCP kids were right there with them in a knee- just like the players!
After they broke out with "Raiders", the players surrounded the LCP kids and gave them high fives and told them thanks for coming out and were asking them what positions that they played. It was really cool- they weren't shy (either of them) and it was just awesome to watch.
Last football season, I could barely get the guys to give my Raider Rousers a high five, much less talk to them and now- they are picking them up- patting their heads, talking to them and it is just awesome to see that how much they have grown in just a years time. So much more mature! Now they are even talking to me.. LOL!








Anyhow, the scrimmage went well according to Josh.
EVERY scrimmage, Josh comes home and asks me how I think that they did. (I think he is just being polite to me:)
Anyhow, and EVERY year, I tell him that I can NEVER tell in a scrimmage because I never know who to cheer for! Aren't we supposed to be happy for all the kids when they ALL do well- not choose sides?
I learned the answer to this on Saturday!

Josh was FURIOUS over the lights going out- and Jace wasn't much better. Josh had told him that he could go in on the last play and try to score a touchdown, but when the lights went out- that all changed. Jace was so upset, it hurt his feelings so bad! Josh promised him that he would take him to practice on Monday and he made good on that. Josh felt horrible about it because he HATES telling someone something and then not doing it- it really bothers him, so on top of already being mad that the lights were shut off- then having to break a promise to Jace- he was really ticked!

Josh came home around 1am and he ate a grilled cheese, talked to me for a minute and then fell straight to sleep for our big day on Saturday!

No comments: