2012 VARSITY Football Schedule (1-0)

Striving to be 1-0 after we play Cedar Ridge on Friday

August 31-- Hendrickson (WIN 50-23)
September 7 @Cedar Ridge
September 14 @ Hays
September 21-- Del Valle
September 28-- Dripping Springs
October 5 @ Leander
October 12-- Marble Falls
October 19 @ Cedar Park
November 2-- Vandegrift
November 9 @ Vista Ridge

Currently 1-0 on the Season

Number of Visitors since August 2010

Total Pageviews since August 2009

NOTE from Brandi

NEW FEATURE!!!
check out the new email feature on the right hand side of the page. You can sign up with your email (I will never see it), and each time I update, you will get an email saying that i updated the blog:)


Friday, October 15, 2010

Raiders vs. Timberwolves


I am sorry I have been so slow at updates. I truly am. I know its bad timing, but I have been very busy and honestly, its hard to write each week. Hard emotionally really.

This game was especially hard for me to write about. SO many emotions going on in my mind.
I love Cedar Park, I always have and I always will. Cedar Park will never be an enemy and this game was proof of why I love that staff and their wives so much. Even now, as I am writing this, I am teary.

I won't write much about the game itself. One, because it was 2 weeks ago, but two, because its pretty self-explanatory. We lost. They are a GREAT team and very well coached and very disciplined.

Contrary to what I have read on facebook (by students- not by parents), Cedar Park did not run the score up on us. Not even remotely. They rotated their kids the entire game. We did make several mistakes, but all in all, they were just better.

I get chills thinking about it, but when our guys went down with his injury, and the 2 teams prayed together, I was blown away. I don't think I have ever, ever seen such a thing in my life from 2 teams. I am sure its happened, but rarely. Not together in the middle of the field.
Another thing that is rare is when a player goes down and BOTH Head Coaches are looking over him. THAT is rare. And shows so much class.

The prayer after the game was started because a player from Cedar Park wanted the two teams to pray together as a team and with the two staffs. That's rare.

For ME, watching Two amazing teams with so much class on their knees praying together made the pain of the loss go away entirely. That image will forever be engraved in my mind.


Rouse finding lesson in losses

No comments: