2012 VARSITY Football Schedule (1-0)

Striving to be 1-0 after we play Cedar Ridge on Friday

August 31-- Hendrickson (WIN 50-23)
September 7 @Cedar Ridge
September 14 @ Hays
September 21-- Del Valle
September 28-- Dripping Springs
October 5 @ Leander
October 12-- Marble Falls
October 19 @ Cedar Park
November 2-- Vandegrift
November 9 @ Vista Ridge

Currently 1-0 on the Season

Number of Visitors since August 2010

Total Pageviews since August 2009

NOTE from Brandi

NEW FEATURE!!!
check out the new email feature on the right hand side of the page. You can sign up with your email (I will never see it), and each time I update, you will get an email saying that i updated the blog:)


Tuesday, October 26, 2010

As of right now we are both 0-0 for the week




This week's game is not going to be a game like you have seen all season- from either side.
Vandegrift Vipers may be 3-5 overall, but they are 0-4 in district. Nothing really matters until you get to district.
However, I have heard some say that they are the better team because they have the better record.
I'll give them that- they do have the better record- on paper only.

Lets take a look at their Non-District Schedule:

55-14 WIN over Austin Lanier (3-5 overall) (2-2 in their district)
28-31 Loss to Taylor (1-7 overall)(0-3 in their district)
21-14 WIN over Boerne(7-7 overall)(1-3 in their district) and yes, somehow, they have played 14 games to date according to Max Preps. I don't think this is correct.
42-2 WIN over Austin Crockett (2-6 overall) (2-2 in their district)


Lets look at our Non-District Schedule
34-14 loss to Liberty Hill (6-2 overall) (3-0 in their district)
62-27 loss to Bryan Rudder (6-2 overall) (2-2 in their district)
34-21 loss to Pfugerville Hendrickson (4-5 overall) (2-3 in their district)
17-14 loss to Lampasas (5-3 overall) (1-2 in their district)

I would say that by looking at it at first glance, it seems we played a pretty even non-district schedule. But if you break it down even further and look at who THOSE teams beat and who is in their district, as opposed to who we played, then I say we have the upper hand.

But we can throw ALL of this stuff out the window, because as of this week the
Raiders and the Vipers are both 0-0

This week the game in its entirety will be different and unlike any that either of us have played so far. Its a rival game. If there is anything I am an expert at- its knowing about Rival games.

Rival games are intense and are a battle for Pride.

This game is going to be based on PRIDE. We are both winless in district, we are both in a tough district with only 3 classes, and we are both hungry for a big fat W.

To say I am nervous is a complete understatement. I have never in my life been more nervous about a game, other than when I was in High School, only difference now, is that football is literally what feeds our family:)

Rival game scare the living daylights out of me. It doesn't matter what kind of record a team has, a rival game can go either way. Especially a game like we will be playing tomorrow night. Football is mental and 95% of the way in which the athletes perform on the field is based on their mentality at the time of the game. There is going to be a lot of pressure on both teams to win this game and its going to be a dogfight until the end.
For the past 3 days, I have been the following:
anxious, nervous, excited, extremely sad, stressed, amazed, at a loss for words, temperamental, and eager.
I am so ready for this game. I am ready for a win and I am ready to watch our guys play and our coaches coach to the best of their abilities.

I KNOW we CAN win this game and I am READY to watch our guys celebrate on the sideline when the clock runs out.
I can't think of anything else that I want to experience right now.

Good Luck to our Rouse Raiders tomorrow night: lets prove this week's slogan right. I will pray to the football Gods that they are on our side and to the football angels for no injuries for either team. Go out and play your best and bring home a Victory. I know you want it as much as I do.

Watch out Vipers.. This Night Belongs to the Raiders

No comments: