2012 VARSITY Football Schedule (1-0)

Striving to be 1-0 after we play Cedar Ridge on Friday

August 31-- Hendrickson (WIN 50-23)
September 7 @Cedar Ridge
September 14 @ Hays
September 21-- Del Valle
September 28-- Dripping Springs
October 5 @ Leander
October 12-- Marble Falls
October 19 @ Cedar Park
November 2-- Vandegrift
November 9 @ Vista Ridge

Currently 1-0 on the Season

Number of Visitors since August 2010

Total Pageviews since August 2009

NOTE from Brandi

NEW FEATURE!!!
check out the new email feature on the right hand side of the page. You can sign up with your email (I will never see it), and each time I update, you will get an email saying that i updated the blog:)


Sunday, October 31, 2010

Am Email from a Vandegrift parent:

Josh sent me this email a few minutes ago- from a Viper football mom. I can say that from the writers standpoint, that she meant her words. I have sent SEVERAL coaches emails or a written note after games, when I have seen or felt something positive. I didn't take the time to do it and not mean what I said. It takes a lot of time and thought to put together and email like this one and we sure do appreciate what she said:

Dear Coach Mann, All Rouse Coaches, and Football Players,

I am a parent of a Vandegrift varsity football player who watched the Rouse vs. Vandegrift varsity game on Friday night at Bible Stadium. It was, to say the least, an exciting game. I just wanted to take a moment to say how impressed I was after the game when your football players stood respectfully in a line behind our players when our school song was played. I have not seen a team do this at any game I have attended, and I have to say that I admire your team and coaches very much after witnessing this display. Your young men played a terrific game and obviously have great sportsmanship. I may be a Vandegrift Mom, but I am now also a Rouse Raiders fan.
Sincerely,
DW
(I only wrote her initials. I didn't ask permission to put this email in here, so I didn't want to write her full name)


The very ironic thing about this email is that Josh got the idea from Rockdale. I can not tell you how I felt when they turned and stood for out school song and that next week, I sent him and email telling him thank you and Good Luck with the rest of their season. So its kind of like, "Pay it forward" because I sent Rockdale a thank you email about this little tradition and then we get an email for it in return.

I know from reading some of your facebook posts that many of you are upset at the other side of the stadium because they were screaming during our school song.

As you know I have attended High School football games my entire life and honestly, this is not much different at any other school.
Its not classy and definitely not something I am going to encourage, but Its part of the game and part of being a fan. It's not fun sometimes, but never the less, when you are on the winning side, its just a reaction. And when you are on the losing side, its just a reaction to be upset over. Don't take it personal, its part of the fun- even though its not always fun for one side.

We will have our turn very soon. This year has just been a tough year, but I promise it will turn around:)

*** I am working on my blog post over the game. This one is tough to write, but I will get it done by tomorrow.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

1 comment:

Ruby said...

Yes Brandi, Truely was a heartboken feeling, never mad or upset nor angry. see we are not the ones out there on that field nor are we the ones teaching our kids but once again just heart broken with a doubt. A tough season it sure has been. For what ever reason this is how it just rolled...But through, through it all our Raiders kept their heads up with a few words(to say the least) Words that said "Be The 1st To Believe" Following these Raiders from freshman year till now has been amazing!!!! And to think we have 5 to 9 years left at being a Raider is just a feeling like no other. Trying real hard to stay positve but I too fall short of His glory and I never stand to be perfect or even come close.

As for the Vandergrift parent. I 1st saw this on facebook and respoded as well. I do remember so well the 1st time a team gave us respect like that. I was not 100$ sure it was Rochdale but I was right huh. At that game I was scared haha but it all was ok It was made our Raider tough and we left there with character.
As we come to the end of this 2010 season, I can not help but cry a lil. ;o) Someone says to me every now and then that I bleed green and gold (those were my old school colors) but the red has taken over and a lil bit of Wiley silver has crept in as well as the ole' black too. I am Proud to be a Raider (no matter what) It has been tough for us but I will Stand and be a 1st believer, every year, every day. When our years are over in Raider ground...I will be back to those stands-wether it be a Mann stand along its Raider team or not I will be back. Maybe the stand will be worn out or just broken in...It sure will be nice to walk through our kids old stomping grounds.