2012 VARSITY Football Schedule (1-0)

Striving to be 1-0 after we play Cedar Ridge on Friday

August 31-- Hendrickson (WIN 50-23)
September 7 @Cedar Ridge
September 14 @ Hays
September 21-- Del Valle
September 28-- Dripping Springs
October 5 @ Leander
October 12-- Marble Falls
October 19 @ Cedar Park
November 2-- Vandegrift
November 9 @ Vista Ridge

Currently 1-0 on the Season

Number of Visitors since August 2010

Total Pageviews since August 2009

NOTE from Brandi

NEW FEATURE!!!
check out the new email feature on the right hand side of the page. You can sign up with your email (I will never see it), and each time I update, you will get an email saying that i updated the blog:)


Friday, October 22, 2010

Are you a Believer?

Woke up this morning with a really good feeling. I feel calm and I feel excited and I feel like I BELIEVE we can come out and surprise some people.

These last few weeks, things have been tough and tense and emotional in the Mann household. Its hard to lose and its hard to watch your husband beat himself up over things that really are somewhat out of his control. But on Tuesday he came home in an UNbelievable mood that made me feel that excitement that I used to feel instead of the dread that I have been feeling lately

I BELIEVE in our team. I always did and would never, NOT believe in them. When I wrote my post yesterday, it really made ME feel a lot of things. Its hard to convince people to believe when you aren't getting the results you want. I could tell you all about my Senior year and you wouldn't understand because you weren't there to witness it. I BELIEVED in my team then and I believe in this one now.

But if you aren't convinced that we CAN do it, then you aren't a believer.

The definition of Believe:
a psychological state in which an individual holds a proposition or premise to be true

I looked up Believe on Wiktionary and this is what I learned about being a Believer in something:
--To accept as true without empirical evidence.
--To accept that someone is telling the truth
--To consider likely.
--To have religious faith; to believe in a greater truth

The Rouse Raiders can go out and play with Lake Travis tonight. I believe it. In truth, ANY team can beat another on any given night. It happens all the time. It happened to my 1998 Rider Raider football team and we went on to beat 2 legitimately GOOD teams in the playoffs. We weren't supposed to even be IN the playoffs- hell we got in on a coin toss! And we definitely we NOT supposed to beat 2 teams and almost beat another!

But they did- and the 2010 First Ever Rouse Raider Varsity Football team can too.
Mind over Matter

I am a Believer! How about you?

No comments: