2012 VARSITY Football Schedule (1-0)

Striving to be 1-0 after we play Cedar Ridge on Friday

August 31-- Hendrickson (WIN 50-23)
September 7 @Cedar Ridge
September 14 @ Hays
September 21-- Del Valle
September 28-- Dripping Springs
October 5 @ Leander
October 12-- Marble Falls
October 19 @ Cedar Park
November 2-- Vandegrift
November 9 @ Vista Ridge

Currently 1-0 on the Season

Number of Visitors since August 2010

Total Pageviews since August 2009

NOTE from Brandi

NEW FEATURE!!!
check out the new email feature on the right hand side of the page. You can sign up with your email (I will never see it), and each time I update, you will get an email saying that i updated the blog:)


Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Our Last 7 on 7 Games!!! June 23, 2009



Last night was our last 7 on 7 games!
One thing, I personally had a very good time! There were lots of parents there and I met some new ones too! I think I have found one particular mom that I am going to become very good friends with- she and I seem to have a special bond as female football fanatics:)
Everyone of you parents are amazing. I know that it takes a LOT to get your kids to Cedar Park by 5pm every day and then to sit in the blazing sun, sweating to death to watch 3 hours of 7 on 7. Thank you for taking the time to stay and watch every Tuesday night- it means a lot to the coaches and to your boys- even if they don't tell you!



Josh was very pleased last night- which made for nice conversations- (and then the Horn's won last night which made the night even sweeter:)
Our JV won 2 out of our 3 games. I got there just in time to watch the very end of the JV vs. Westwood game. I didn't get to see a significant amount of that game, but I watched the entire JV versus Vista Ridge game.
From what I could tell, the boys looked great! I was impressed. It was the first time that I actually got excited watching 7 on 7 and I think that is because finally, I am actually started to know who some of the kids are just by looking at them- not their numbers! It takes me a while, but I will eventually figure out who all of you are!
I had fun watching them have fun. They didn't seem intimidated and were just excited to be there and to play. You did a great job.

I have a great picture of Michael Botello. His poor sister... Michael threw the ball towards the receiver that was closest to the sideline. Not sure who it was, but he didn't catch the ball and- but Botello's poor little sister, Ceslie, got smacked in the face! Ruby managed to make it away from the sideline, but Ceslie wasn't quite as quick on her feet!
The players on the sideline were yelling "Botello,dude, you hit your sister" I snapped a picture when he realized what he did! LOL. I think this picture is priceless.


By the way Botello, when you gave my boys "knuckles" in HEB the other day- they didn't stop doing it all say. Yesterday, I caught Jace telling one of his friends,
"Raider football players give knuckles, we don't do high five's anymore"!
Thought that was cute...

After our JV games, I ventured over to watch the Freshman, and I must say, they look pretty darn good. After a full year in the weight room and a year of Raider Coaching, I think the 2 classes together are going to make a pretty good Varsity team in another year! These Freshman are aggressive and not scared to hit, as I noticed last night. (although I am not sure they are supposed to hit in 7 on 7!)

Thank you Raiders, for making 7 on 7 fun for me to watch. You are the first group that I have watched play and it was a great experience for me!
Thank you also for taking the extra time to take a picture with the little kids. Jace has already asked me to print a picture for his bedroom. He is very proud of it! The boy in the Longhorn shirt is Luke, his brother Haden will be a Freshman this coming fall. My boys enjoyed playing touch football with him!! I think the picture is great and I am using it at the top of my blog layout:)

I had about 90 pictures, so I had to make a slideshow. If you would like to have one of them- you can email me for them and I will be more than happy to send them to you!
I would like to have your photo's also!
email: jlbmann4@sbcglobal.net

Have a wonderful summer and enjoy the rest of Strength and Conditioning Camp. I know it is hard and you may not notice it, BUT you are getting results. I have noticed a HUGE difference in you boys and that is a great thing for our Raider Future!

Everyone who got where he is has had to begin where he was."
– Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments: