2012 VARSITY Football Schedule (1-0)

Striving to be 1-0 after we play Cedar Ridge on Friday

August 31-- Hendrickson (WIN 50-23)
September 7 @Cedar Ridge
September 14 @ Hays
September 21-- Del Valle
September 28-- Dripping Springs
October 5 @ Leander
October 12-- Marble Falls
October 19 @ Cedar Park
November 2-- Vandegrift
November 9 @ Vista Ridge

Currently 1-0 on the Season

Number of Visitors since August 2010

Total Pageviews since August 2009

NOTE from Brandi

NEW FEATURE!!!
check out the new email feature on the right hand side of the page. You can sign up with your email (I will never see it), and each time I update, you will get an email saying that i updated the blog:)


Friday, June 5, 2009

Our First 7 on 7 tournament!

Today's Sports Quote:
Enthusiasm is like a ripple in water, it spreads



Tuesday we had our first 7 on 7 Tournament.
7 on 7 is very hard for me to follow. For one thing, Jace and Judson are running around playing with any kid that they can find- so I have to keep my eye on them and for another, the games are like 45 minutes long- then they switch and play another team. WE have 4 teams- 2 Freshman, 2 JV playing. Its hard to imagine that next summer, we will have 6 teams playing!!! (I can't wait!!!)

I do know that Josh was pretty pleased with how well we did. Of course we have improvements to make, but I think that Josh at least knows where we stand now and it will give him a good idea for the fall. He had a great time and its so fun to watch Josh on the sidelines wanting to coach- but not really being allowed to! Its like watching a little kid squirm in a candy store!

We have a great group of Freshman that are coming up, so things look hopeful for the future!

It is AMAZING to see how much that the "Old Freshman" have grown up. They don't look like babies anymore- and they aren't! I remember last summer, when going to 7 on 7 games that I thought- "how the heck are we going to make a team out of these scrauny kids!" HOWEVER, I was NOT used to watching Freshman play- I typically only paid attention to our WFHS and CPHS Varsity players.
So watching a bunch of incoming Freshman play and only supporting them was a shock to my system, but once real fall football started, I adapted easily!
I will say- after Tuesday night- THEY AREN'T babies!! Apparently I need to start doing Josh's offseason workouts with the team. They are ripped and looking like HS Football players now!!


It will be neat to get to know these guys on a personal level for the next 3 years!

I am excited and READY FOR FOOTBALL!!!!

No comments: