2012 VARSITY Football Schedule (1-0)

Striving to be 1-0 after we play Cedar Ridge on Friday

August 31-- Hendrickson (WIN 50-23)
September 7 @Cedar Ridge
September 14 @ Hays
September 21-- Del Valle
September 28-- Dripping Springs
October 5 @ Leander
October 12-- Marble Falls
October 19 @ Cedar Park
November 2-- Vandegrift
November 9 @ Vista Ridge

Currently 1-0 on the Season

Number of Visitors since August 2010

Total Pageviews since August 2009

NOTE from Brandi

NEW FEATURE!!!
check out the new email feature on the right hand side of the page. You can sign up with your email (I will never see it), and each time I update, you will get an email saying that i updated the blog:)


Thursday, October 1, 2009

Doc and the Trainers!!




Yesterday, I was at the top of the stairs and I looked down into the living room and was watching Jace and Judson playing football. All of a sudden Jace is down on the ground and "can't get up". Judson takes off his helmet, moves it off the "field" or rather my carpet and then stands over Jace. Helps him up and helps a "wobbly" Jace to the couch to lay him down.


I was rather confused by this as I knew Jace was not hurt.




Then all of the sudden, Jace is moaning and Judson is lifting his leg up in the air. He yells for me to get bandaids. I yelled to him " Judson, we are NOT waisting bandaids"
To which he replies "My name is NOT Judson, it is Doc. Now please get me some bandaids for my injured player."
Wow. I mean, I knew the boys paid attention, but to the Trainer??? That's awesome!
I was a trainer in High School. Actually, I was technically a stat's keeper for our defensive coordinator on the sideline, not really a trainer during the game. But I had the same responsibilities as all the other trainers and it is a HARD job. I never thought it could be hard, but it was. It taught me a lot and I am proud to say that I did that.
I loved the head trainer at Rider, but I had been around a few that I couldn't stand. They each have a unique quality, but I have to say that our trainer, Doc is exceptional.
He takes pride in his job and will do anything for anyone. I cant begin to tell you what he has done for me and my family!
We are ALL very lucky to have him at Rouse and I certainly hope that you all take the time to thank him at some point and not take him for granted.
And you know- the student trainers work long hours. They are all there before practice and then stay longer than the players- sometimes even the coaches. And they do not get any glory!
They do not get the privlegde of winning games or competition to get recognized, so if you get a chance, meet a trainer, meet Doc and tell them how much you appreciate them taking care of our athletes. These are the guys that keep our players healthy and who hydrate them.
We all think the world of Doc!!!

No comments: