2012 VARSITY Football Schedule (1-0)

Striving to be 1-0 after we play Cedar Ridge on Friday

August 31-- Hendrickson (WIN 50-23)
September 7 @Cedar Ridge
September 14 @ Hays
September 21-- Del Valle
September 28-- Dripping Springs
October 5 @ Leander
October 12-- Marble Falls
October 19 @ Cedar Park
November 2-- Vandegrift
November 9 @ Vista Ridge

Currently 1-0 on the Season

Number of Visitors since August 2010

Total Pageviews since August 2009

NOTE from Brandi

NEW FEATURE!!!
check out the new email feature on the right hand side of the page. You can sign up with your email (I will never see it), and each time I update, you will get an email saying that i updated the blog:)


Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Raiders lose their final game to Vista Ridge

Honestly, I am having a hard time today. I HATE losing, I hate it for SO many reasons, but this past loss was like a knife in my heart. I felt so bad for the coaches and the players and even our fans.


I honestly and truly believe that if we had played Vista earlier in the season that we would have played them a closer game. I think by our last game of the season, we were just defeated. You could see it in the kids by the way they came out from the locker room. Not having Logan hurt us too.

We started out the game WAY better than I expected, getting the 3 and out, and we drove the ball down the field the second drive, but by the third series, they were on the board and weren't stopping. With a 40-0 lead at halftime, things were looking bleak for the Raiders. I took that time to run to the bathroom and tear up by myself.

I never cry. It is VERY rare that you will see me crying and if  I am crying, its because
1) I am mad or 2) because something emotional happened in my favorite sport.

Anyhow, so I went and cried. I just felt so bad and I knew Josh would take another loss very hard and very personal.

After I finally calmed myself down, I left the bathroom and ran into Mrs. Rouse- whom I just love to death. She said some VERY encouraging words and just made me feel so much better. I appreciate everything she said and took it straight to heart.

The second half didn't get much better than the first half, and I was just ready for it to end. I was a bit miffed at the very fact that their starters didn't come out until 4th quarter. At the very least they could have taken #5 out a bit sooner. Seems to me that they wouldn't want to chance getting any of them hurt the week before playoffs, however, I just you could look at it from the flip side and maybe they wanted to give their guys some practice- who knows.

Hey! Where any of you impressed with our band at the end of the game? They looked like they were having a blast and I enjoyed every second of it! Our band is small, but they sure can play when they want to! That "performance" at the end of the game is exactly what I love to watch in a band. I also enjoy the drum-line at the beginning of every 3rd quarter- I just love that and think its so cool to watch. The band can make all the difference in the game sometimes, and its fun when you can see the band actually enjoying themselves as well!

Special Thank You to Bill Rogers who organized the Spirit Line at the end of the game. I thought that was exceptionally nice of him to set that up. I know Josh and the players appreciated it and it was so awesome to witness. Thank you Bill and thank you Mr. Graham for allowing us to go down on the field to do it.









**I will be going back and adding names of those that took these pictures, just give me a few days to get this done:)


As this season comes to a close, I just want to say thank you to everyone. The players, the coaches, the cheerleaders, the Royals, The Band,  the fans, the coaches wives, the Booster Club, the administration, the teachers and the students for coming out and supporting our Raiders each and every week.

No comments: