2012 VARSITY Football Schedule (1-0)

Striving to be 1-0 after we play Cedar Ridge on Friday

August 31-- Hendrickson (WIN 50-23)
September 7 @Cedar Ridge
September 14 @ Hays
September 21-- Del Valle
September 28-- Dripping Springs
October 5 @ Leander
October 12-- Marble Falls
October 19 @ Cedar Park
November 2-- Vandegrift
November 9 @ Vista Ridge

Currently 1-0 on the Season

Number of Visitors since August 2010

Total Pageviews since August 2009

NOTE from Brandi

NEW FEATURE!!!
check out the new email feature on the right hand side of the page. You can sign up with your email (I will never see it), and each time I update, you will get an email saying that i updated the blog:)


Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Battle of the Raiders and the Vipers






Last week was a strange week... who plays a Varsity game on Wednesday? I bet only a handful of coaches can say that they have played a Varsity game on any night other than Thursday, Friday, or Saturday!

Josh has played a Varsity game on a Monday night (2005) and now on a Wednesday night!

Before I talk about the actual game, I would like to say how neat it was to be on the field at Bible Stadium and look into the stands and see so many wonderful cheering fans looking down on the field. You were all decked out in your maroon and gold and cheering loud.

The Raider Rousers on the field were in awe and were having a great time hanging out on the field waiting for the football players to come out of the tunnel.

I got to have my chills as I listened to Josh give the first pre-game speech at Bible Stadium.

When the players came out of the locker room, they looked tough and stood tall in their awesome new uniforms. It was a site to see.

The players came running out of the tunnel with the Raider Rousers right behind them, but one of the kids didn't know what to do, so he went running out onto the middle of the field and I had to go chase after him. He was almost to the Viper sideline before I caught up with him. (I was running with a football, camera and in a pair of shoes that were way too big- so I wasn't fast:)

I got the child safely to his parent and then headed into the stands for the kickoff!

After the opening drive, I was pretty nervous, but we bounced back and I KNEW that it was going to be a back and forth game. Games seem to be that way sometimes. Either its back and forth or an all out blowout. I like back and forth games because they keep you on your feet- Or at least I liked it when I was just a fan. Now that i am married to a coach, my game preferences have changed quite a bit!

I still like back and forth games, but only when we come out on top!

I don't have a lot to say about the game. We played a tough team that got better. They weren't bad the first time we played them- we just came out on top. They were out for Raider blood and they weren't letting up.

I thought we played well- obviously there were things we could have done better, but all and all we played hard.
We had a tough season and for us to lose only 3 games, well that's pretty damn good I think- especially when one of those losses was to a 3a, ranked Varsity.

We won the first battle, the Vipers won the second.

I think the Raider and the Vipers are going to be big rivals come next year:)
Redemption.......

No comments: